Let’s begin with the books for the first Good Books / Bad Covers post! I know I said I would choose a book or book series, but the thing is: I was looking for a book I read recently and really liked, but that had a bad cover, and I found that I read the first 2 books in the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead at the end of 2015. I really liked those books, but the covers were horrible! The worst is that there are three different covers and they are all awful. Here are the three versions of the cover for the first book:
And while I was thinking about this series, I remembered the other, more popular Richelle Mead series and their really ugly covers. You know which one I’m talking about? Well, you are right! I’m talking about the Vampire Academy series and the Bloodlines series.
Here are the new and old covers for the Vampire Academy series. They changed the really ugly covers it used to have, for covers a little less ugly, but much more boring.
After the awfulness of those covers, I can understand why someone may not pick them up in a bookstore, but here are some reason to ignore the covers and read the books:
– Richelle Mead writes quick, easy to read and entertaining books.
– BUT she still breaks your heart from time to time.
– Her stories are really interesting because she mixes different creatures: vampires, alchemists, succubus, demons, angels, imps, nephilims, and others. There a lot of creatures!
– She writes great female characters; they are complex and very different from one and other.
– She writes great love stories, and there are ships for everyone, because there are all kinds of relationships.
And that’s it! If you haven’t given these books a chance because of their covers, please do it!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you make a Good Books/ Bad Covers post, please let me know in the comments, I would love to check it out!