– My mom was in the hospital since December 15th, she finally had the procedure that she needed on January 22nd and they let her leave the hospital today, February 2nd. She’s finally doing ok and that’s the best news!
– I was doing so much better in terms of my anxiety, but the last few weeks haven’t been so great. Now that I finished some of the things and my mom is doing better, I hope I can get my anxiety a little under control.
– My boyfriend moved away, which was really sad, but long distance hasn’t been as awful as I thought. Although, it’s only been about two weeks since he left, so it will probably get harder with time.
– I officially went through the administrative process necessary to graduate. I’m graduating February 24th. You heard right, I’M GRADUATING FROM UNIVERSITY!!
– I’m one week away from finishing my internship. FINALLY! I’m so happy that I could cry tears of happiness.
– I’m writing again!!! Ok, I have only written like 800 words, BUT I wrote something so that counts as good news.
What I read
– Turtles All the Way Down by John Green (4,2 stars)
– Furiously Happy: A Funny Book about Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson (4 stars)
–Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore (4 stars)
– Roomies by Christina Lauren (3,8 stars)
– Autoboyography by Christina Lauren (4,5 stars)
I loved this book, it gave me a lot of feels. It deals with the intersection between homophobia, religion and family. This story was heartbreaking at some points, infuriating at others, but it also had cute and happy moments. The romance is a lovely one and we get a bisexual main character and a gay main character.
–Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen (4 stars)
This was a fun, entertaining and steamy read with great characters and it keep me captivated the entire time. Check out my review.
– Act Like It by Lucy Parker (3 stars)
– After We Fall by Melanie Harlow
This was steamy, entertaining and very, VERY ANGSTY. It was a fun read but I did have some problems with it. Check out my review.
– Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
I really liked this book, it took me some time to get into it, but then it got so good. I really liked the characters and the romance was so cute, it was kind of easy to figure out who Blue was but that ddin’t take away from the story.
– The Witch Doesn’t Burn in this One by Amanda Lovelace
There are a few poems in this collection that I really liked, but most of them were just ok for me. Check out my review.
On the blog
Here’s everything I posted this month on the blog:
- A Very Late Wrap Up: August – December 2017
- Most Anticipated Book Releases – January 2018
- 8 Books I Want to Read in 2018
- Book Review: Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Book Review: Roomies by Christina Lauren
- Book Review: Act Like It by Lucy Parker
- Mini Reviews: Grumpy Farmers, Ambitious City Girls & Romance
- Mini Review: Poetry Collection
Have you read any of the books I mentioned? Did you enjoy them? Do you want to read any of them? Let me know in the comments!
Add me on