Hi everyone! At the beginning of the year I wrote two posts about some books I wanted to read in 2018: 8 Books I Want to Read in 2018 and 2017 Releases I Want to Read in 2018. Since December is here, I thought it would be a good idea to check how many of those books I actually read.
Let’s start with the 8 books I wanted to read in 2018:
I read 6 out of the 8 books and I really liked all of them, out of the 2 books I didn’t read, I still want to read one of them and I’m taking the other out of my tbr.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray: I have heard mixed things about this and I don’t want to read it anymore.
- 1984 by George Orwell (4 stars): I didn’t enjoy reading this book, but I found it thought provoking and perturbing.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray (4 stars): Great characters, intriguing mysteries, really atmospheric book with a creepy vibe.
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel: I haven’t gotten to this, but I still want to read it
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare (4 stars): slow paced book, a lot of planning and scheming took place, but it was still really entertaining.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (4 stars): It took me some time to get into this one, but I liked the characters and the romance was cute.
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie (3,8 stars): complex and intricate world, with interesting main characters and an amazing f/f romance.
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera (3,8 stars) It took me some time to get into this, but at the end this was a very thought-provoking book.
Now, for the 2017 releases that I wanted to read in 2018:
Unfortunately, I didn’t do a good job with these books. I only read 3 of the book out of 6 and I will try to read another before the year is over.
- We are Okay by Nina LaCour (4,7 stars): This is beautifully written, I felt extremely connected with the characters and it made me cry.
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza: I haven’t gotten to this, but I still want to read it
- The Love Song of Sawyer Bell by Avon Gale (3,2 stars): I wasn’t sold on the romance, there was no chemestry between the characters, but it was still fun to see a cute f/f romance.
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (4 stars): I loved the three main characters and I was so worried for them this entire book.
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone: This is on my tbr for a readathon I’m participating in at the end of December, so there’s still hope I’ll read it before the year is over.
- Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali: I haven’t gotten to this, but I still want to read it.
Did you read the books on your 2018 tbr? Have you read any of the books on this list? What books are you expecting to read before the end of the year?
Add me on